We are full of wonder and made of stardust. And so is this marvellous dress! Created using an 1833 engraving by artist Vollmy, our Stargazer print features a night sky filled with thousands of shooting stars. (Vollmy’s work depicts the earliest recorded Leonid Meteor shower, in which more than 240,000 meteors fell from the sky in one night to the amazement and astonishment of onlookers in towns and villages across North America. We like to think that 240,000 wishes were made that night too!) The star-field on the bodice of our dress, as well as the detailed moon on the sleeves, come from astronomy artwork produced at the Camille Flammarion Observatory near Paris in 1899.
Like all of our reversible dresses, this piece features a scoop neck on one side, and a v-neck with ties on the other. The waist ties can be done up in either the front or the back depending on your desired look — or buttoned off altogether for a more oversized flowy vibe
- 100% bamboo/wood viscose.
- Print by famous works of art
- Please note: The nature of the soft bamboo/wood viscose means it’s slightly sheer
- One Size, fits XS-1X. Measures 62cm across the bust, 59cm across the waist, 106 cm long. Model is 5’4” for reference.
- Machine wash gentle or handwash and hang to dry
- Designed in Canada