Handmade Indigo Tote Bag by Mata Traders. Carry your groceries, books, or everyday essentials in a colorful, limited-edition tote bag made from surplus fabric in our original print.
- 100% cotton
- Hand block print
- Natural indigo dye, recommend washing before wear
- 16″ height x 15″ width
- Made at a fair trade women’s cooperative in India
Mata Trader jewelry is made of a brass base that is electroplated for a finer finish, like gold or silver. Due to the nature of plated jewelry, knowing the proper care and handling can extend its life (and we want you to have our jewelry forever!). We’ve put together some guidelines to make the care of our jewelry simple and easy!
- Sweat, water (showering, swimming and handwashing), perfumes/lotions, and cleaning products can cause deterioration or discoloration. Avoid wearing our jewelry anywhere it may get wet, or be exposed to extreme heat or humidity. Also keep in mind that perfumes or lotions can affect the finish of our jewelry.
- Store your jewelry somewhere safe and dry, away from direct sunlight – try keeping it in a plastic or cloth bag. Even better? Separating each piece into its own bag to ensure they don’t brush or scratch against each other.
- It’s always a good idea to clean your jewelry of oils and dirt it has collected throughout the day. A soft cloth or cotton ball will gently rub off oils, dust, and dirt, or try a small amount of brass cleaner if it needs a boost in shine.
The Story of Mata Traders
With the mission ‘fashion a better world’ Mata Traders is a design driven, fair trade fashion brand helping to end global poverty and inspire consumers to change the fashion industry. Made by artisans in India and Nepal, their colorfully original designs celebrate a woman’s originality and empowers her to use her dollar for change, and provide a stable source of income for families in economically disadvantaged communities.