The Camila Flatform Leather Sandal by Brave Soles. Made from natural leather with an extra thick and cushy flatform midsole and our hand-cut tire sole, the Camila is on trend for style and on point for comfort.
- Materials: Locally Sourced Leather
- Accents Made from Upcycled Inner Tire Tubes Sourced in Haiti
- Slightly raised heel for extra impact absorption
- Super cushy foam core mid-sole made from high quality foam to offer support and durability, additional cushion compared to other Brave Soles’ pieces.
- Sizing: 6-10 Wholesizes Only. Fits true to size.
- Hand Crafted in the Dominican Republic
The Story of Brave Soles
Brave Soles story has been 12 years in the making. As the founder of an international youth humanitarian organization, Christal (co-founder and CEO) had been working and learning from a local community of garbage dump workers since 2005 on the north coast of Dominican Republic. Every day she worked at that garbage dump was an adventure in laughter, connection, and the hard truths about our shared humanity. There were, however, also a heartbreaking amount of tires. They were a breeding ground for mosquitoes carrying deadly diseases and they were a toxic nightmare. In early 2017, the idea struck for the first time. Why not use tires for soles on beautiful hand made shoes – and create a way to help the most vulnerable people in the process?
The choices we make should be a reflection of what we value. Brave Soles values people, our planet and the legacy we are leaving long after we are gone. The false perception that we deserve to get everything cheaper and faster has a cost that we can no longer afford to pay as a global community. In the end, it’s the most vulnerable people and environments who pays the highest price for it all. There are much more inspiring stories to live and tell than the race to the bottom. Brave Soles wants to tell those stories.